Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 26
South Asia Check / October 27, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Nepal under pressure to treat Indians like Nepali citizens” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, an official from the Indian Embassy in Kathmandu and a member of the Nepal India Eminent Persons Group.
Kantipur report headlined “CIAA itself starts investigation into Ncell dividend repatriation issue” by Krishna Acharya has quoted an unnamed official from the Department of Industry.
Kantipur report headlined “Eleven specialists appointed by Karki removed” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority. It has no byline.
Kantipur report headlined “This was how he misused police personnel” by KP Dhungana and Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority.
The Kathmandu Post report titled “Anti-graft body seeks details from NRB” by Prithvi Man Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Nepal Telecommunications Authority.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
- Fact Check Photo of a kneeling Joe Biden circulating on social media with a false claim
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec, 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Bijukchhe misquotes Indian ex-spy’s book while talking about India’s alleged Tarai plans
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently