Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 26
South Asia Check / October 27, 2015
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Nepal asked to take 1KT fuel by November 25” by Rajesh Khanal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official at the Ministry of Commerce and Supply.
Kantipur report headlined “Production halted at multinational companies” by Gokarna Awasthi and Krishna Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source at Unilever.
Kantipur report headlined “Daily life on no man’s land” by Bhusan Yadav datelined Birgunj has quoted an unnamed leader from the United Democratic Madhesi Front and another unnamed source.
Kantipur report headlined “No consensus on president” by Balkrishna Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed central member of the Nepali Congress and another leader who participated in the all-party meeting.
Annapurna Post, Gorkhapatra, Nagarik and Republica were not published on this date.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths