Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 26
South Asia Check / October 27, 2015
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Nepal asked to take 1KT fuel by November 25” by Rajesh Khanal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official at the Ministry of Commerce and Supply.
Kantipur report headlined “Production halted at multinational companies” by Gokarna Awasthi and Krishna Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source at Unilever.
Kantipur report headlined “Daily life on no man’s land” by Bhusan Yadav datelined Birgunj has quoted an unnamed leader from the United Democratic Madhesi Front and another unnamed source.
Kantipur report headlined “No consensus on president” by Balkrishna Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed central member of the Nepali Congress and another leader who participated in the all-party meeting.
Annapurna Post, Gorkhapatra, Nagarik and Republica were not published on this date.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage