Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 28
South Asia Check / November 2, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “No support for Eminent Persons’ Group” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the cabinet.
Kantipur report headlined “Advisors are appointed arbitrarily to dish out official benefits” by Balaram Baniya and Abdullah Miya datelined Kathmandu quotes an unnamed official from Prime Minister’s Office and the Cabinet.”
The Himalayan Times report headlined “No poll until state restructuring and revision of provincial boundaries completed: FA” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Madhesi leader. The report does not have a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently