Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 3
South Asia Check / October 4, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Foreign ministry issues three statements within five days” by Mani Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A person knowledgeable about foreign affairs.
Nagarik report headlined “Government gets tough against entrepreneurs” by Prabin Dhakal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A member present at the meeting.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Liaison officers play truant yet again” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in four instances: A base camp official, foreign climbers, an officer and a senior manager of a trekking agency.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Nepal regrets ‘lack of conducive environment'” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: sources. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Costly Saudi visa could hit Nepalis” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Officials at the Department of Foreign Employment. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
- Fact Check NBA chief incorrect about Sri Lanka’s bank lending rate
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest Women ministers in Nepal
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
In Public InterestWomen ministers in Nepal After the advent of democracy in Nepal in 1951, it took over eight years for the first woman to beco... Read More
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?