Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 3
South Asia Check / October 3, 2015
Annapurna Post report headlined “Process to select new PM starts” by Narendra Saud datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the parliament.
Republica report headlined “Amendment process started to address agitators’ demands: PM” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. The report does not carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “President calls for unity government within a week” by Balkrishna Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official of parliament secretariat.
Kantipur report headlined “UDMF’s two demands met” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Federalist Socialist Forum Nepal and another unnamed rights activist.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “India hints at ending blockade” by Devendra Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted an unnamed source and another unnamed official from India’s Ministry of External Affairs.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “UML, UCPN (M) say PM didn’t take them into confidence” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed sources close to UML on one instance. It doesn’t carry any byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage