Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 30
South Asia Check / November 3, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Parties gear up for constitution amendment” by Rudra Khadka datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and a leader from the United Democratic Madhesi Front.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Some aid announcements as goodwill gesture likely: Sources” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed government official and a diplomatic source. It has no byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Grand reception plans for Mukherjee” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It has no byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently