Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 4
South Asia Check / October 5, 2015
Nagarik report headlined “Indian instruction to ‘reopen’ customs points” by Mani Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “India decides to lift restrictions” by Devendra Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: Indian Ministry of External Affairs sources and a former Nepali ambassador to India.
Kantipur report headlined “India decides to end blockade” by Devendra Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted three unnamed sources: A former Nepali ambassador to India, an Indian official, and a source.
Kantipur report headlined “Parties preparing to form majority-based government” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A source, and a leader close to Sher Bahadur Deuba.
Annapurna Post report headlined “India lifts blockade” datelined New Delhi by Akanshya Shah has quoted seven unnamed sources: Indian officials, a reliable source, a senior Indian government official, source, [another] source, a source associated with Nepal’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and a senior official of India.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Koirala attempts to be PM again” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A source close UCPN (Maoist) Chairman Pushpa Kamal Dahal, a source, [another] source, and a minister in Koirala cabinet.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Border points to open in a day or two” by Pushpa Raj Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A highly-placed source at India’s Ministry of External Affairs, and a source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Poor meteorological services raising aviation safety risks” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A senior captain with a private airline company, an aviation expert, another airline captain, and a senior official at the Department of Hydrology and Meteorology.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently