Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 10
South Asia Check / September 11, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “National Human Rights Commission officials barred from visiting military brigade office” by Yam Birahi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source associated with the commission in two instances, and a source in one instance.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Gagan refuses to provide fund for Dr Giri’s medical treatment” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A minister.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Lawmakers claim allowances without work” by Narendra Saud datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instances: Senior officials of Parliament.
Kantipur report headlined “Lawmakers quit parliament session to attend NGO function” by Rajendra Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances.
Republica report headlined “Amendment issue getting more complex by the day” by Nabin Khatiwada datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: A Maoist leader, a source and a Madhesi leader under the Federal Alliance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently