Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 10
South Asia Check / September 11, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “National Human Rights Commission officials barred from visiting military brigade office” by Yam Birahi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source associated with the commission in two instances, and a source in one instance.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Gagan refuses to provide fund for Dr Giri’s medical treatment” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A minister.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Lawmakers claim allowances without work” by Narendra Saud datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instances: Senior officials of Parliament.
Kantipur report headlined “Lawmakers quit parliament session to attend NGO function” by Rajendra Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances.
Republica report headlined “Amendment issue getting more complex by the day” by Nabin Khatiwada datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: A Maoist leader, a source and a Madhesi leader under the Federal Alliance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage