Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 10
South Asia Check / September 11, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “National Human Rights Commission officials barred from visiting military brigade office” by Yam Birahi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source associated with the commission in two instances, and a source in one instance.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Gagan refuses to provide fund for Dr Giri’s medical treatment” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A minister.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Lawmakers claim allowances without work” by Narendra Saud datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instances: Senior officials of Parliament.
Kantipur report headlined “Lawmakers quit parliament session to attend NGO function” by Rajendra Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances.
Republica report headlined “Amendment issue getting more complex by the day” by Nabin Khatiwada datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: A Maoist leader, a source and a Madhesi leader under the Federal Alliance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
- In Public Interest Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Promise Tracker Progress report on Kasthamandap reconstruction
- In Public Interest Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims credit for no cold wave deaths
In Public InterestNepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently In Nepal while there is a debate ongoing over whether to grant the women the right to confer citizen... Read More
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements