Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 10
South Asia Check / September 10, 2015
Nagarik report headlined “Clash after violent demonstration” by Mahesh Kumar Das and Jitendra Kumar Jha datelined Mahottari and Saptari has quoted an unnamed source: eyewitnesses.
Nagarik report headlined “Major parties issue call for dialogue again” by Balaram Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Kantipur report headlined “Joint call to disgruntled groups for dialogue” by Sarojraj Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Kantipur report headlined “Four people killed in clashes” by Ravindra Upreti datelined Mahottari has quoted an unnamed eyewitness.
The Himalayan Times report on the abuse of Nepali maids by a Saudi diplomat headlined “Nepal seeks action against rapist” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source: an official of the Nepali embassy in New Delhi.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Govt awaits police report to file rape plaint against Saudi diplomat” datelined New Delhi has quoted an unnamed source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “PM proposes halting statute process” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source: a senior leader who attended the three party meeting.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently