Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 11
South Asia Check / September 11, 2015
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Top three leaders to discuss preconditions of Madhesi parties” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed top political source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “CA to conclude discussion today” by Prakash Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source: sources.
Kantipur report headlined “Constitution to be promulgated by Sept 17: Speaker” by Rajendra Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source: source associated with the CA Secretariat.
Kantipur report headlined “Let’s halt CA process for a few days: UCPN (Maoist)” by Rajendra Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: sources, meeting source, high placed source and an office bearer of the UCPN (Maoist).
Nagarik report headlined “Unbridled extremism in Madhes” by Mithilesh Yadav datelined Lahan has quoted six unnamed sources: a leader from Siraha, an eyewitness, a businessman from Lahan, an eyewitness from Saptari, locals, and a protester.
Nagarik report headlined “Movement weakens due to internal feud” by Jitendra Kumar Jha datelined Rajbiraj has quoted five unnamed sources: bigwigs of Madhes, analysts, reliable source close to various Madhes-based parties, Madhes expert, and a central committee member of the Tarai Madhes Democratic Party.
Annapurna Post report headlined “UCPN (Maoist) proposes halting CA process” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage