Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 11
South Asia Check / September 11, 2015
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Top three leaders to discuss preconditions of Madhesi parties” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed top political source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “CA to conclude discussion today” by Prakash Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source: sources.
Kantipur report headlined “Constitution to be promulgated by Sept 17: Speaker” by Rajendra Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source: source associated with the CA Secretariat.
Kantipur report headlined “Let’s halt CA process for a few days: UCPN (Maoist)” by Rajendra Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: sources, meeting source, high placed source and an office bearer of the UCPN (Maoist).
Nagarik report headlined “Unbridled extremism in Madhes” by Mithilesh Yadav datelined Lahan has quoted six unnamed sources: a leader from Siraha, an eyewitness, a businessman from Lahan, an eyewitness from Saptari, locals, and a protester.
Nagarik report headlined “Movement weakens due to internal feud” by Jitendra Kumar Jha datelined Rajbiraj has quoted five unnamed sources: bigwigs of Madhes, analysts, reliable source close to various Madhes-based parties, Madhes expert, and a central committee member of the Tarai Madhes Democratic Party.
Annapurna Post report headlined “UCPN (Maoist) proposes halting CA process” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently