Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 14
South Asia Check / September 15, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Michelin tyres banned” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Official concerned and officials at Nepal Airlines Corporation.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “PM embarks on India trip tomorrow” by Ram Kumar Kamat datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “NA plane with foreign minister on board suffers burst tyre” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Tribhuvan International Airport officials, a senior pilot, an Nepal Airlines Corporation official and Nepal Airlines Officials.
Republica report headlined “PM to lead 116-member delegation to India” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently