Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 16
South Asia Check / September 17, 2015
The Himalayan Times report headlined “CA passes motion for promulgating constitution” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source privy to the meeting between the President and Constituent Assembly chairman. The report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “President concerned” datelined Kathmandu has cited an unnamed source quoting the President. The report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Child killed in Rupandehi police firing” datelined Nawalparasi has quoted an unnamed eyewitness. The report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Parties discuss formation of next govt” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. The report does not carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “New government after promulgation of constitution” by Kulchandra Neupane and Durga Khanal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Nepali Congress official.
Nagarik report headlined “Grand preparations for constitution promulgation ceremony” by Balaram Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently