Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 18
South Asia Check / September 18, 2015
Annapurna Post report headlined “Modi’s special envoy on a day-long visit” by Chiranjivi Dhungana and Bal Kumar Nepal datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: an office bearer of the CPN-UML, a source, and a highly-placed source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “India’s foreign secy arriving today with Modi message” by Devendra Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted three unnamed sources: sources, a high level source and a source at the Indian Ministry of External Affairs.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “PM’s UN visit may delay new govt formation” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: Nepali Congress sources and sources.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Govt picks names for regulatory body” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: sources at the Prime Minister’s Office.
Kantipur report headlined “Modi’s ‘Special Envoy’ arriving” by Devendra Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: an official of the India’s Ministry of External Affairs, a senior official at India’s Ministry of External Affairs who is planning to visit Kathmandu, an official at the New Delhi based Nepali Embassy, and a source.
Kantipur report headlined “Three Parties-Tharus dialogue takes positive turn” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: a source, a member of Tharu Welfare Council, and a source associated with prime minister’s residence at Baluwatar.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Indian foreign secretary arriving today” by Lekhanath Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source: a top aide of Prime Minister Sushil Koirala.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Big III in bid to rope in Gachhadar” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source: sources. The report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “India sends special envoy” by Surendra Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source: source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
- Fact Check NBA chief incorrect about Sri Lanka’s bank lending rate
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest Women ministers in Nepal
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
In Public InterestWomen ministers in Nepal After the advent of democracy in Nepal in 1951, it took over eight years for the first woman to beco... Read More
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?