Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 19
South Asia Check / September 19, 2015
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Big 3, MJF-L deal stuck on wording” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader present at the meeting quoting CPN-UML Chairman K P Oli. The report has no byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Include everyone” datelined Kathmandu by Chandra Kishor Adhikari has quoted an unnamed source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Modi’s request to include Madhesis” datelined Kathmandu has quotes unnamed experts. The report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “India’s request to stop constitution rejected” by Surendra Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed highly-placed source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Fact Check Ex-UML chief exaggerates party’s 1997 poll performance
- Fact Check Thapa makes chronological mistake about Dabur, Unilever
- Media How justified is the use of anonymous sources?
- In Public Interest Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Fact Check Agricultural land shrinking in tarai due to flooding
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!