Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 21
South Asia Check / September 22, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Gangalal hospital to provide services outside Kathmandu also” by Deepa Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: Hospital source.
Kantipur report headlined ‘Deal reached with Lokman” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Highly-placed Maoist source, another participant of the meeting, a source, and a leader. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Senior leaders also being dragged into [cantonment scam probe]” by Durga Dulal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source and a source associated with the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority in two instances.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “CIEDP miffed at transfer of staff” by Lekhanath Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance. Here, CIEDP stands for the Commission of Investigation on Enforced Disappeared Persons.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Ruling coalition ‘ready’ to adopt flexibility” by Sarin Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: Sources, and a source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Amid ‘successful India visit’ claim, a section has some concerns” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance.
Republica report headlined “CIAA preparing to summon Maoist leaders” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A Maoist leader, multiple knowledgeable sources and Maoist leaders. CIAA stands for the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage