Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 21
South Asia Check / September 22, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Gangalal hospital to provide services outside Kathmandu also” by Deepa Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: Hospital source.
Kantipur report headlined ‘Deal reached with Lokman” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Highly-placed Maoist source, another participant of the meeting, a source, and a leader. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Senior leaders also being dragged into [cantonment scam probe]” by Durga Dulal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source and a source associated with the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority in two instances.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “CIEDP miffed at transfer of staff” by Lekhanath Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance. Here, CIEDP stands for the Commission of Investigation on Enforced Disappeared Persons.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Ruling coalition ‘ready’ to adopt flexibility” by Sarin Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: Sources, and a source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Amid ‘successful India visit’ claim, a section has some concerns” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance.
Republica report headlined “CIAA preparing to summon Maoist leaders” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A Maoist leader, multiple knowledgeable sources and Maoist leaders. CIAA stands for the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently