Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 22
South Asia Check / September 23, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Supreme Court’s instructional letter to govt – Furnish documents on Lokman appointment” by Yam Birahi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: An official from the Supreme Court administration.
Kantipur report headlined “Seeking donation forcibly get momentum” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance.
Nagarik report headlined “Attempt to change NRA CEO” by Mani Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source close to Pushpa Kamal Dahal and a source close to the prime minister.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Graft cases against CPN-MC leaders weak: PM” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A CPN (Maoist Center) central committee member. This news does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
- In Public Interest Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Promise Tracker Progress report on Kasthamandap reconstruction
- In Public Interest Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims credit for no cold wave deaths
In Public InterestNepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently In Nepal while there is a debate ongoing over whether to grant the women the right to confer citizen... Read More
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements