Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 22
South Asia Check / September 23, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Supreme Court’s instructional letter to govt – Furnish documents on Lokman appointment” by Yam Birahi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: An official from the Supreme Court administration.
Kantipur report headlined “Seeking donation forcibly get momentum” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance.
Nagarik report headlined “Attempt to change NRA CEO” by Mani Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source close to Pushpa Kamal Dahal and a source close to the prime minister.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Graft cases against CPN-MC leaders weak: PM” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A CPN (Maoist Center) central committee member. This news does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage