Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 24
South Asia Check / September 27, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Constitution amendment proposal in a week” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader and a source from the prime minister’s residence in Baluwatar.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “PMO sends Karki appointment minutes to SC” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source at the Supreme Court. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “Draft CIEPD-TRC Act amendment ‘seeks to overlook’ crimes against humanity” by Nabin Khatiwada and Ashok Dahal has quoted unnamed sources from the Ministry of Law and Justice and an unnamed minister.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
- In Public Interest Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Promise Tracker Progress report on Kasthamandap reconstruction
- In Public Interest Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims credit for no cold wave deaths
In Public InterestNepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently In Nepal while there is a debate ongoing over whether to grant the women the right to confer citizen... Read More
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements