Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 28
South Asia Check / September 29, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “There are 38 hazardous road sections like Ghoptebhir!” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official involved in monitoring.
Kantipur report headlined “Instruction to make Ilaka as village unit” by Balkrishna Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Officials at the Ministry of Local Development.
Nagarik report headlined “India sets condition for pipeline project, “Purchase petroleum products only from us for 15 years” by Dilip Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instance: An official, a joint secretary, and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “Home ministry arbitrarily tweaks draft bill” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: Election Commission source, an official of the Election Commission and a source. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Morcha leaders bitter about PM’s unkept promises” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A leader. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Govt registering bill denying EC power to set poll dates” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An EC official. Here EC stands for Election Commission. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Viral Nepal map from Grade 8 textbook: Many misread Anno Domini as Bikram Sambat
- Fact Check Viral video clips involving Sujata Koirala were manipulated to create controversy
- Fact Check Video clip of anti-India demonstration being circulated on social media is six months old
- Fact Check 5-year-old India toilet photo is circulating as photo of Bharatpur coronavirus hospital toilet
- Fact Check Fact-checked: WHO hasn’t revised coronavirus risk level for Nepal
- Fact Check News reports of impending internet outage are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently