Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 28
South Asia Check / September 29, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “There are 38 hazardous road sections like Ghoptebhir!” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official involved in monitoring.
Kantipur report headlined “Instruction to make Ilaka as village unit” by Balkrishna Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Officials at the Ministry of Local Development.
Nagarik report headlined “India sets condition for pipeline project, “Purchase petroleum products only from us for 15 years” by Dilip Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instance: An official, a joint secretary, and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “Home ministry arbitrarily tweaks draft bill” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: Election Commission source, an official of the Election Commission and a source. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Morcha leaders bitter about PM’s unkept promises” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A leader. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Govt registering bill denying EC power to set poll dates” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An EC official. Here EC stands for Election Commission. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage