Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 28
South Asia Check / September 29, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “There are 38 hazardous road sections like Ghoptebhir!” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official involved in monitoring.
Kantipur report headlined “Instruction to make Ilaka as village unit” by Balkrishna Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Officials at the Ministry of Local Development.
Nagarik report headlined “India sets condition for pipeline project, “Purchase petroleum products only from us for 15 years” by Dilip Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instance: An official, a joint secretary, and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “Home ministry arbitrarily tweaks draft bill” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: Election Commission source, an official of the Election Commission and a source. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Morcha leaders bitter about PM’s unkept promises” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A leader. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Govt registering bill denying EC power to set poll dates” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An EC official. Here EC stands for Election Commission. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
In Public InterestNARC grappling with manpower shortage At the Nepal Agricultural Research Council, the government-sanctioned positions are already insuffic... Read More
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?