Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 4
South Asia Check / September 5, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Invited to Nepal and kidnapped” by Keshavsharan Lamichhane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Prime minister to visit New York on September 19” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance.
Kantipur report headlined “Nomination of office bearers soon” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A leader close to Nepali Congress President Sher Bahadur Deuba.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!