Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 6
South Asia Check / September 7, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Number of illegal foreigners increasing” by Surendra Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in eight instances: A source associated with the Department of Immigration in three instances, and source in five instances.
Nagarik report headlined “UDMF divided over constitution amendment” by Rudra Khadka datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source associated with the prime minister’s residence Baluwatar, a disgruntled leader, and a leader of the United Democratic Madhesi Front (UDMF).
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage