Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 9
South Asia Check / September 10, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “How will the funds be arranged?” by Krishna Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: An official at the National Reconstruction Authority and an official at the Ministry of Finance.
Nagarik report headlined “Recommendation made for dean at TU’s Institute of Forestry by ignoring seniority” by Rubi Rauniyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed professor in three instances.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Fact Check Nagdhunga tunnel road will be Nepal’s third, Churia tunnel road is first and Bhulbhule’s second
- Media Quarterly report (July- Sept 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Finance minister’s claim of no labor strike during past two years is false
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
In Public InterestBrace yourself for toxic winter air Winter is approaching in Kathmandu. Winter is not only about chilly weather but also more toxin in t... Read More
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature