Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 9
South Asia Check / September 9, 2015
Kantipur report headlined “Dire consequence if disgruntled forces left out” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed lawmaker from the CPN-UML.
Nagarik report headlined “Medical education without patients” by Deepak Dahal with Kathmandu dateline has quoted an unnamed doctor from the Nepal Medical College.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “NC lawmakers from Tarai threaten to quit CA process” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed CA members including one Madhes-based lawmaker of the party.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Fact Check Ex-UML chief exaggerates party’s 1997 poll performance
- Fact Check Thapa makes chronological mistake about Dabur, Unilever
- Media How justified is the use of anonymous sources?
- In Public Interest Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Fact Check Agricultural land shrinking in tarai due to flooding
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!