Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 10
South Asia Check / April 13, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Former Pakistani army official missing” by Santosh Ghimire and Subas Gotame datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and an official from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs twice.
Kantipur report headlined “Election cannot be deferred in just 11 districts” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed minister twice and a lawmaker from the Maoist Centre twice. It has no byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Preparation for decisive talks” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “School textbooks trouble parents” by Ruby Rauniyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed parents.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Cabinet meet put off over protocol row” by Rupesh Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Republica report headlined “Big parties closer to accord on amendment” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources close to Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal. It has no byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
- Fact Check NBA chief incorrect about Sri Lanka’s bank lending rate
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest Women ministers in Nepal
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
In Public InterestWomen ministers in Nepal After the advent of democracy in Nepal in 1951, it took over eight years for the first woman to beco... Read More
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?