Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 11
South Asia Check / April 13, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Pilot arrested with contraband US dollars” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed police official. It has no byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Nidhi not not attend cabinet meeting” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “Govt pilot involved in US dollar smuggling” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source, and a police official twice.
Republica report headlined “Govt chooses Aryal as new IGP” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed police official.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “NAC’s senior-most pilot arrested from TIA with $93,600” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed police official, police source from the Tribhuvan International Airport, and a manager from Nepal Airlines Corporation. It has no byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths