Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 11
South Asia Check / April 13, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Pilot arrested with contraband US dollars” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed police official. It has no byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Nidhi not not attend cabinet meeting” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “Govt pilot involved in US dollar smuggling” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source, and a police official twice.
Republica report headlined “Govt chooses Aryal as new IGP” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed police official.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “NAC’s senior-most pilot arrested from TIA with $93,600” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed police official, police source from the Tribhuvan International Airport, and a manager from Nepal Airlines Corporation. It has no byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage