Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 13
South Asia Check / April 14, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Office of the Attorney General orders government to recover taxes worth Rs 32 billion from Ncell” by Krishna Gyawali and Krishna Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and an official from the Office of the Attorney General.
Kantipur report headlined “Six pro-Madhes parties prepare for unification” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source, a legal practitioner, a leader from the United Democratic Madhesi Front, a rights activist, and another leader.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “President to visit India next week” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed diplomat from the Indian Embassy. It has no byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Prez Bhandari to pay state visit to India on Monday” datelined New Delhi has quoted unnamed sources in one instance, and a high-level official. It has no byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Govt move cuts no ice, Morcha ‘ to turn up heat’” by Binod Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quotes an unnamed leader from the Madhesi Morcha [United Democratic Madhesi Front].
Republica report headlined “UDMF rejects new amendment bill” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Madhesi leader.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths