Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 13
South Asia Check / April 14, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Office of the Attorney General orders government to recover taxes worth Rs 32 billion from Ncell” by Krishna Gyawali and Krishna Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and an official from the Office of the Attorney General.
Kantipur report headlined “Six pro-Madhes parties prepare for unification” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source, a legal practitioner, a leader from the United Democratic Madhesi Front, a rights activist, and another leader.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “President to visit India next week” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed diplomat from the Indian Embassy. It has no byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Prez Bhandari to pay state visit to India on Monday” datelined New Delhi has quoted unnamed sources in one instance, and a high-level official. It has no byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Govt move cuts no ice, Morcha ‘ to turn up heat’” by Binod Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quotes an unnamed leader from the Madhesi Morcha [United Democratic Madhesi Front].
Republica report headlined “UDMF rejects new amendment bill” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Madhesi leader.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage