Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 17
South Asia Check / April 20, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Elections will go ahead: Ruling parties” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader from the government.
Nagarik report headlined “Efforts on for a consensus government” by Prakash Timalsina datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Gathbandhan shares plan to foil local polls” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources once. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “Dahal, Deuba for May 14 poll at any cost” by Kosh Raj Koirala datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Nepali Congress leader.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Fact Check Ex-UML chief exaggerates party’s 1997 poll performance
- Fact Check Thapa makes chronological mistake about Dabur, Unilever
- Media How justified is the use of anonymous sources?
- In Public Interest Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Fact Check Agricultural land shrinking in tarai due to flooding
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!