Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 17
South Asia Check / April 20, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Elections will go ahead: Ruling parties” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader from the government.
Nagarik report headlined “Efforts on for a consensus government” by Prakash Timalsina datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Gathbandhan shares plan to foil local polls” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources once. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “Dahal, Deuba for May 14 poll at any cost” by Kosh Raj Koirala datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Nepali Congress leader.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Viral Nepal map from Grade 8 textbook: Many misread Anno Domini as Bikram Sambat
- Fact Check Viral video clips involving Sujata Koirala were manipulated to create controversy
- Fact Check Video clip of anti-India demonstration being circulated on social media is six months old
- Fact Check 5-year-old India toilet photo is circulating as photo of Bharatpur coronavirus hospital toilet
- Fact Check Fact-checked: WHO hasn’t revised coronavirus risk level for Nepal
- Fact Check News reports of impending internet outage are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently