Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 17
South Asia Check / April 20, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Elections will go ahead: Ruling parties” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader from the government.
Nagarik report headlined “Efforts on for a consensus government” by Prakash Timalsina datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Gathbandhan shares plan to foil local polls” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources once. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “Dahal, Deuba for May 14 poll at any cost” by Kosh Raj Koirala datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Nepali Congress leader.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!