Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 21
South Asia Check / April 25, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Three options on budget” by Sujit Mahat datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source at the National Planning Commission, and a source.
Kantipur report headlined “Six Madhesi parties unify” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance.
Kantipur report headlined “Nepal to sign OBOR but with conditions” by Chandra Shekhar Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: A foreign ministry official concerned with the matter, foreign ministry officials, and an official at the foreign ministry.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Six UDMF constituents merge” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: RJP source. Here RJP stands for Rastriya Janata Party.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Viral Nepal map from Grade 8 textbook: Many misread Anno Domini as Bikram Sambat
- Fact Check Viral video clips involving Sujata Koirala were manipulated to create controversy
- Fact Check Video clip of anti-India demonstration being circulated on social media is six months old
- Fact Check 5-year-old India toilet photo is circulating as photo of Bharatpur coronavirus hospital toilet
- Fact Check Fact-checked: WHO hasn’t revised coronavirus risk level for Nepal
- Fact Check News reports of impending internet outage are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently