Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 5
South Asia Check / April 11, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “‘Proposal’ to hold elections in second phase in 11 districts” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source twice and an unnamed advisor to Prime Minister Dahal once.
Nagarik report headlined “EC unhappy about two-phase elections” by Arjun Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Election Commission thrice.
Republica report headlined “SC stays probe into multi-billion rupee drug scam” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources from the Office of the Attorney General twice. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “Trump policy to affect family planning programs in Nepal” by Bishnu Prasad Aryal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Family Planning Association of Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
In Public InterestNARC grappling with manpower shortage At the Nepal Agricultural Research Council, the government-sanctioned positions are already insuffic... Read More
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?