Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 5
South Asia Check / April 11, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “‘Proposal’ to hold elections in second phase in 11 districts” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source twice and an unnamed advisor to Prime Minister Dahal once.
Nagarik report headlined “EC unhappy about two-phase elections” by Arjun Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Election Commission thrice.
Republica report headlined “SC stays probe into multi-billion rupee drug scam” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources from the Office of the Attorney General twice. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “Trump policy to affect family planning programs in Nepal” by Bishnu Prasad Aryal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Family Planning Association of Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims credit for no cold wave deaths
- In Public Interest What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- Fact Check Minister falsely claims credit for Mahendra Highway widening work
- In Public Interest PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- Promise Tracker Half of quake-destroyed schools rebuilt
- Fact Check NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
In Public InterestWhat had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill? What was in the July 26 agreement between Dr Govinda KC and the government? What is in the Medical E... Read More
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore