Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 5
South Asia Check / April 11, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “‘Proposal’ to hold elections in second phase in 11 districts” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source twice and an unnamed advisor to Prime Minister Dahal once.
Nagarik report headlined “EC unhappy about two-phase elections” by Arjun Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Election Commission thrice.
Republica report headlined “SC stays probe into multi-billion rupee drug scam” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources from the Office of the Attorney General twice. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “Trump policy to affect family planning programs in Nepal” by Bishnu Prasad Aryal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Family Planning Association of Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Binod Chaudhary wrongly claims internet in Nepal is South Asia’s priciest
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
- Fact Check NBA chief incorrect about Sri Lanka’s bank lending rate
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest Women ministers in Nepal
In Public InterestWomen ministers in Nepal After the advent of democracy in Nepal in 1951, it took over eight years for the first woman to beco... Read More
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?