Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 8
South Asia Check / April 13, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Deuba in a hurry” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed member of the Nepali Congress central committee.
Nagarik report headlined “Aryal frontrunner in the race for IGP” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source, a Nepali Congress minister, and an official from Home Ministry twice. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “Quandary over IGP appointment with new revelation” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources once, and two unnamed police officials. It has no byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!