Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 8
South Asia Check / April 13, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Deuba in a hurry” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed member of the Nepali Congress central committee.
Nagarik report headlined “Aryal frontrunner in the race for IGP” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source, a Nepali Congress minister, and an official from Home Ministry twice. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “Quandary over IGP appointment with new revelation” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources once, and two unnamed police officials. It has no byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Fact Check Ex-UML chief exaggerates party’s 1997 poll performance
- Fact Check Thapa makes chronological mistake about Dabur, Unilever
- Media How justified is the use of anonymous sources?
- In Public Interest Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!