Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 9
South Asia Check / April 13, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “What’s in the new amendment bill?” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official twice.
Kantipur report headlined “New attempt to influence the amendment of Cooperative Act” by Yagya Banjade datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source, a lawmaker twice, a source from Ministry of Cooperatives and Poverty Alleviation thrice, and unnamed experts from the same ministry twice.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
- In Public Interest Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Fact Check Nagdhunga tunnel road will be Nepal’s third, Churia tunnel road is first and Bhulbhule’s second
- Media Quarterly report (July- Sept 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Finance minister’s claim of no labor strike during past two years is false
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
In Public InterestBrace yourself for toxic winter air Winter is approaching in Kathmandu. Winter is not only about chilly weather but also more toxin in t... Read More
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature