Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 1
South Asia Check / August 8, 2017
Annapurna Post report on upcoming India visit of prime minister headlined “Energy on agenda” by Bikash Thapa datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A senior official at the Ministry of Energy.
Kantipur report headlined “Nepal Oil Corporation land scam, why is everyone silent?” by Raju Chaudhari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances.
Kantipur report headlined “River and banks bought at exorbitant prices” jointly by Madhav Dhungana, Bimal Khatiwada, Aman Koirala and Arjun Rajbanshi datelined Bhairahawa, Chitwan, Sarlahi and Damak has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A local farmer.
Nagarik report headlined “Businessmen lobbying for the formation of another tax settlement commission” by Balkrishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A senior official at the Ministry of Finance Ministry and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “CIAA starts investigation into NOC land deal” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A senior official at the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority (CIAA) involved in investigation, and a source. NOC is short for Nepal Oil Corporation.
Republica report headlined “CIAA starts probe into NOC land deals” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Sources.
Republica report headlined “Private sector tried to prolong life of tax settlement body” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Sources.
Republica report headlined “Amid controversy, Sajha board members to visit Japan Aug 9-16” by Bishnu Prasad Aryal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Sources.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently