Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 23
South Asia Check / September 4, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Pancheshwar unsuccessful” by Bikas Thapa datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: One Nepali official who participated in the meeting.
Kantipur report headlined “National Hospital itself illegal” by Makar Shrestha and Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official from the Ministry of Health.
Nagarik report headlined “Thirty million stolen while transporting fuel” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources on four instances: An official from Amlekhgunj depot of the Nepal Oil Corporation, a transporter, an official at the head office of the NOC, and a head of NOC depot.
Nagarik report headlined “Pilot accused of dollar smuggling selected for foreign training” by Susheel Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A high-level source at the Nepal Airlines Corporation, an advocate from the aviation field and a senior official from the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal.
Republica report headlined “‘NOC brass pockets Rs 30m from fuel transporters’” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in four instances: senior officials at Nepal Oil Corporation (NOC), sources at NOC, an official at Amalekhgunj Depot and an official at NOC.
Republica report headlined “NAC picks under-prosecution pilot for overseas training” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in four instances: officials at Nepal Air Corporation (NAC), an official at NAC, sources and several sources. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Deuba’s Cabinet largest ever” by Binod Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: leaders close to Sher Bahadur Deuba.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “PM leaves for India on state visit today” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: officials in two instances. This story doesn’t carry a dateline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Half of quake-destroyed schools rebuilt
- Fact Check NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
- Fact Check Nepali Congress was not the first party to demand federalism
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNARC grappling with manpower shortage At the Nepal Agricultural Research Council, the government-sanctioned positions are already insuffic... Read More
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?