Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 23
South Asia Check / September 4, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Pancheshwar unsuccessful” by Bikas Thapa datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: One Nepali official who participated in the meeting.
Kantipur report headlined “National Hospital itself illegal” by Makar Shrestha and Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official from the Ministry of Health.
Nagarik report headlined “Thirty million stolen while transporting fuel” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources on four instances: An official from Amlekhgunj depot of the Nepal Oil Corporation, a transporter, an official at the head office of the NOC, and a head of NOC depot.
Nagarik report headlined “Pilot accused of dollar smuggling selected for foreign training” by Susheel Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A high-level source at the Nepal Airlines Corporation, an advocate from the aviation field and a senior official from the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal.
Republica report headlined “‘NOC brass pockets Rs 30m from fuel transporters’” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in four instances: senior officials at Nepal Oil Corporation (NOC), sources at NOC, an official at Amalekhgunj Depot and an official at NOC.
Republica report headlined “NAC picks under-prosecution pilot for overseas training” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in four instances: officials at Nepal Air Corporation (NAC), an official at NAC, sources and several sources. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Deuba’s Cabinet largest ever” by Binod Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: leaders close to Sher Bahadur Deuba.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “PM leaves for India on state visit today” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: officials in two instances. This story doesn’t carry a dateline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage