Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 24
South Asia Check / September 4, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Deuba-Modi hold surprise meeting” datelined New Delhi has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Officials.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Ministries in mess after addition of state ministers” by Sagar Pandit datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: Secretaries and a secretary.
Kantipur report headlined “Unscheduled meeting between Deuba and Modi” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Sources in two instances.
Kantipur report headlined “Income from drug dealing diverted to share market” by Krishna Gyawali and Janak Raj Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source and a senior police official.
Nagarik report headlined “Dilly-dallying over initiating action against Khadka” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A senior official at the Ministry of Supplies.
Nagarik report headlined “Affiliation granted under pressure from the government” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A member of the Agreement Implementation Monitoring Committee and a member.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Modi seeks to better ties with Nepal” by Anil Giri datelined New Delhi has quoted unnamed source in five instances: officials in three instances, a high-level Nepali official and a Nepali official.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Viral Nepal map from Grade 8 textbook: Many misread Anno Domini as Bikram Sambat
- Fact Check Viral video clips involving Sujata Koirala were manipulated to create controversy
- Fact Check Video clip of anti-India demonstration being circulated on social media is six months old
- Fact Check 5-year-old India toilet photo is circulating as photo of Bharatpur coronavirus hospital toilet
- Fact Check Fact-checked: WHO hasn’t revised coronavirus risk level for Nepal
- Fact Check News reports of impending internet outage are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently