Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 27
South Asia Check / September 4, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Army also asked to repair damaged roads and bridges” by Chandra Shekhar Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: An official at the Ministry of Physical Infrastructure Development.
Kantipur report headlined “Medical College in residential building” by Makar Shrestha and Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official at the Ministry of Health.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Registered at EC, RJP-N seeks ‘umbrella’ for federal, provincial polls” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: An election commission official and election commission officials. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Rules breached while purchasing land” by Raju Adhikari datelined Jhapa has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A staffer at Charpane branch of Nepal Oil Corporation.
Nagarik report headlined “20 NAC staffers in Singapore to bring back plane” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in six instances: Highly-placed source at Nepal Airlines Corporation (NAC), a source at NAC, a source in two instances, a director at NAC and concerned officials.
Republica report headlined “Geography not considered while delineating constituencies” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A member of the Election Constituency Delineation Commission (ECDC) and officials. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Millions spent in NAC officials’ trip abroad to see aircraft under maintenance” by Susheel Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: A source at the Nepal Airlines Corporation (NAC), sources and a director at NAC.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!