Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 27
South Asia Check / September 4, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Army also asked to repair damaged roads and bridges” by Chandra Shekhar Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: An official at the Ministry of Physical Infrastructure Development.
Kantipur report headlined “Medical College in residential building” by Makar Shrestha and Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official at the Ministry of Health.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Registered at EC, RJP-N seeks ‘umbrella’ for federal, provincial polls” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: An election commission official and election commission officials. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Rules breached while purchasing land” by Raju Adhikari datelined Jhapa has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A staffer at Charpane branch of Nepal Oil Corporation.
Nagarik report headlined “20 NAC staffers in Singapore to bring back plane” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in six instances: Highly-placed source at Nepal Airlines Corporation (NAC), a source at NAC, a source in two instances, a director at NAC and concerned officials.
Republica report headlined “Geography not considered while delineating constituencies” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A member of the Election Constituency Delineation Commission (ECDC) and officials. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Millions spent in NAC officials’ trip abroad to see aircraft under maintenance” by Susheel Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: A source at the Nepal Airlines Corporation (NAC), sources and a director at NAC.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths