Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 4
South Asia Check / August 9, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dispute within RJP-N comes to the surface” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A leader from Hridayesh Tripathi-led faction, and a source in two instances.
Nagarik report headlined “Separate body proposed for settling tax disputes” by Balkrishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A highly-placed official at the Ministry of Finance.
Republica report headlined “Parliamentary panel head Ranju Jha hid health ministry letter for eight months!” by Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A lawmaker.
Republica report headlined “Law in the making for permanent body to settle tax rows” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths