Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 8
South Asia Check / August 10, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Election dates to be fixed by August 17” by Govinda Luitel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source and an election commissioner in two instances.
Kantipur report headlined “35 percent of Nepali medical graduates flunk license test” by Atul Mishra datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: An office bearer of Nepal Medical Council, and a source at the council.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “2 med schools to be affiliated before ban on new colleges” by Binod Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A member of the taskforce and another member of the committee.
Republica report headlined “PM urges EC to brace for province, parliament polls same day” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Informed sources.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Fact Check Upendra Yadav disowns Rs 5 million compensation promise
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
In Public InterestBirth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon While the controversy over the variations in the date of birth of Chief Justice Gopal Parajuli in hi... Read More
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge