Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 8
South Asia Check / August 10, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Election dates to be fixed by August 17” by Govinda Luitel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source and an election commissioner in two instances.
Kantipur report headlined “35 percent of Nepali medical graduates flunk license test” by Atul Mishra datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: An office bearer of Nepal Medical Council, and a source at the council.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “2 med schools to be affiliated before ban on new colleges” by Binod Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A member of the taskforce and another member of the committee.
Republica report headlined “PM urges EC to brace for province, parliament polls same day” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Informed sources.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently