Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 20
South Asia Check / December 21, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Agreement in ‘package'” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in six instances.
Kantipur report headlined “Talks futile” by Rajendra Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source present at the meeting in two instances.
Nagarik report headlined “Political intervention in VC appointment at KU” by Madhusudan Guragain datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in six instances: A source in two instances, an informed source, a member of the Kathmandu University’s senate, an office bearer of KU and a professor at KU’s school of science.
Nagarik report headlined “Deuba trampling upon party statute” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A central committee member of the Nepali Congress close to Ram Chandra Paudel, and a source close to Deuba.
Nagarik report headlined “Pilots quitting airlines without proper notice ” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in six instances: A source in three instances, a senior official at the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal, a concerned official, and an official from a ‘victim’ airline company.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s suggestion of salt water gargle as home remedy for Covid is misleading
- Fact Check Old photo photoshopped to show Indian flag in February 10 demonstration
- Fact Check PM made four false claims in two recent speeches
- Fact Check PM wrong in saying Bimala Tamang won gold in 2014 Asiad
- Fact Check Writer Wagle grossly misquoted in viral meme
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently