Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 21
South Asia Check / December 22, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Engineers resign in mass” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted two anonymous sources: An unnamed engineer and an official from the National Reconstruction Authority.
Nagarik report headlined “Irregularities at Bharatpur Cancer Hospital” by Deepaka Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed members of the government’s investigation committee.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Abducted Nepali UNHCR staff released in Sudan” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed family source of an abductee. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “Madhes parties want at least 46 pc local units in Tarai” by Nabin Khatiwada datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Madhesi leader.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item