Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 21
South Asia Check / December 22, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Engineers resign in mass” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted two anonymous sources: An unnamed engineer and an official from the National Reconstruction Authority.
Nagarik report headlined “Irregularities at Bharatpur Cancer Hospital” by Deepaka Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed members of the government’s investigation committee.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Abducted Nepali UNHCR staff released in Sudan” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed family source of an abductee. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “Madhes parties want at least 46 pc local units in Tarai” by Nabin Khatiwada datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Madhesi leader.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!