Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 21
South Asia Check / December 22, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Engineers resign in mass” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted two anonymous sources: An unnamed engineer and an official from the National Reconstruction Authority.
Nagarik report headlined “Irregularities at Bharatpur Cancer Hospital” by Deepaka Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed members of the government’s investigation committee.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Abducted Nepali UNHCR staff released in Sudan” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed family source of an abductee. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “Madhes parties want at least 46 pc local units in Tarai” by Nabin Khatiwada datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Madhesi leader.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Shashank Koirala significantly understates Nepal’s arable land area
- Fact Check PM’s suggestion of salt water gargle as home remedy for Covid is misleading
- Fact Check Old photo photoshopped to show Indian flag in February 10 demonstration
- Fact Check PM made four false claims in two recent speeches
- Fact Check PM wrong in saying Bimala Tamang won gold in 2014 Asiad
- Fact Check Writer Wagle grossly misquoted in viral meme
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently