Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 22
South Asia Check / December 23, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Government unhappy with diplomats’ political meeting” by Santosh Ghimire has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and another government official.
Kantipur report headlined “Four questions regarding Karki’s eligibility” by Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed joint secretary at the Ministry of General Administration in two instances.
Kantipur report headlined “How to find a solution?” by Kul Chandra Neupaney and Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “Nepali delegation off to Delhi to seek more electricity” by Bishnu Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Energy.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Prolonged stalemate likely in parliament” by Prakash Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source close to the prime minister in one instance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
- In Public Interest Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Promise Tracker Progress report on Kasthamandap reconstruction
- In Public Interest Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims credit for no cold wave deaths
In Public InterestNepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently In Nepal while there is a debate ongoing over whether to grant the women the right to confer citizen... Read More
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements