Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 22
South Asia Check / December 23, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Government unhappy with diplomats’ political meeting” by Santosh Ghimire has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and another government official.
Kantipur report headlined “Four questions regarding Karki’s eligibility” by Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed joint secretary at the Ministry of General Administration in two instances.
Kantipur report headlined “How to find a solution?” by Kul Chandra Neupaney and Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “Nepali delegation off to Delhi to seek more electricity” by Bishnu Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Energy.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Prolonged stalemate likely in parliament” by Prakash Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source close to the prime minister in one instance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Shashank Koirala significantly understates Nepal’s arable land area
- Fact Check PM’s suggestion of salt water gargle as home remedy for Covid is misleading
- Fact Check Old photo photoshopped to show Indian flag in February 10 demonstration
- Fact Check PM made four false claims in two recent speeches
- Fact Check PM wrong in saying Bimala Tamang won gold in 2014 Asiad
- Fact Check Writer Wagle grossly misquoted in viral meme
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently