Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 29
South Asia Check / December 30, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Oli for divvying up government appointments” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Kantipur report headlined “Parties agree to hold local elections under federal setup” by Kulchandra Neupane and Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted a UML leader and an unnamed source.
Kantipur report headlined “Most of the services defunct at Bharatpur Cancer Hospital” by Shiva Puri datelined Bharatpur has quoted an unnamed staffer of the hospital.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “India to make ‘special arrangement’ for Nepal” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted an unnamed Indian official.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!