Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 31
South Asia Check / January 1, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “There’s no option to Dahal” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances.
Nagarik report headlined “Additional allowances to slacker govt employees” by Arjun Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source at the Ministry of General Administration.
Nagarik report headlined “Ministries asking for hundreds of billions of rupees without justification” by Balkrishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: An official at the Budget Division of the Ministry of Finance, an official at the ministry, and officials at the ministry.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Cong, Morcha to push charter amendment bill” by Sarin Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A leader.
Republica report headlined “Critical healthcare centralized in capital” by Bishnu Prasad Aryal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A high ranking official at the Ministry of Health and officials at the Association of Private Health Institution of Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently