Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 9
South Asia Check / December 10, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Telephone companies themselves block phone calls” by Bishnu Pokharel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A technician at Nepal Telecommunications Authority.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Speaker’s bid to end House deadlock fails” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Sources at the office of Speaker of the Parliament. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Speaker discusses House obstruction with Deuba, Oli” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Shashank Koirala significantly understates Nepal’s arable land area
- Fact Check PM’s suggestion of salt water gargle as home remedy for Covid is misleading
- Fact Check Old photo photoshopped to show Indian flag in February 10 demonstration
- Fact Check PM made four false claims in two recent speeches
- Fact Check PM wrong in saying Bimala Tamang won gold in 2014 Asiad
- Fact Check Writer Wagle grossly misquoted in viral meme
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently