Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 13
South Asia Check / February 14, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “IG appointment issue, Supreme Courte bars Chand” by Yam Birahi and Shambhu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A cabinet source.
Nagarik report headlined “Shrestha suddenly heads for New Delhi” by Prakash Timilsina datelined Kathmandu has quoted an “unnamed source” in four instances.
Kantipur report headlined “Promotion of Inspector General of Police courts controversy” by Janakraj Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed a source in one instance: A senior official of Nepal Police.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Fact Check Ex-UML chief exaggerates party’s 1997 poll performance
- Fact Check Thapa makes chronological mistake about Dabur, Unilever
- Media How justified is the use of anonymous sources?
- In Public Interest Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Fact Check Agricultural land shrinking in tarai due to flooding
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!