Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 13
South Asia Check / February 14, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “IG appointment issue, Supreme Courte bars Chand” by Yam Birahi and Shambhu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A cabinet source.
Nagarik report headlined “Shrestha suddenly heads for New Delhi” by Prakash Timilsina datelined Kathmandu has quoted an “unnamed source” in four instances.
Kantipur report headlined “Promotion of Inspector General of Police courts controversy” by Janakraj Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed a source in one instance: A senior official of Nepal Police.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!