Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 14
South Asia Check / February 15, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “President to visit India in March-April” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in six instances: A source at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, a source, a source at the office of the president, an official at the office of the president, officials at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and officials.
Kantipur report headlined “President’s urges leaders of major parties to hold elections within deadline” by Balkrishna Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance.
Republica report headlined “Consultancies into human trafficking, money laundering” by Bishnu Prasad Aryal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in nine instances: Ministry of Education officials in two instances, sources at the Ministry of Education in two instances, a high-ranking official, officials, a highly-placed source at the Ministry of Education, a returnee, another returnee.
Republica report headlined “Process to activate Rs 21b NRA fund” by Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Officials, and officials at Nepal Reconstruction Authority.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Should we be worried about the XE variant of Omicron?
- Fact Check News reports about suspension of international flights are false
- Fact Check Mahesh Acharya had resigned as defense minister after governor’s reinstatement
- Fact Check Old photos being circulated as recent ones from Ukraine war
- Fact Check Man seen falling in a viral clip is indeed Maoist chief Dahal
- Fact Check A viral video clip claiming to show fatal chopper crash involving Indian general is old
In Public InterestShould we be worried about the XE variant of Omicron? By Pravin Bhatta/South Asia Check On May 4, 2022, Nepal reported the death of a 45-year-old woman fr... Read More
- Read this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air