Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 16
South Asia Check / February 17, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Oli flexible about amendment” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Kantipur report headlined “Understanding to hold elections by May: Oli” by Durga Khanal has quoted an unnamed politburo member of the CPN-UML.
Nagarik report headlined “NAC sends Rs 110 million as advance payment for new planes” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official of the Nepal Airlines Corporation (NAC) three times.
Republica report headlined “NRCS probing leaks on funds misuse” by Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources three times. NRCS stands for Nepal Red Cross Society.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Shashank Koirala significantly understates Nepal’s arable land area
- Fact Check PM’s suggestion of salt water gargle as home remedy for Covid is misleading
- Fact Check Old photo photoshopped to show Indian flag in February 10 demonstration
- Fact Check PM made four false claims in two recent speeches
- Fact Check PM wrong in saying Bimala Tamang won gold in 2014 Asiad
- Fact Check Writer Wagle grossly misquoted in viral meme
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently