Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 17
South Asia Check / February 18, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “300 Nepalis stranded in Mexico” by Chandra Shekhar Adhikari datelined Phoenix (USA) has quoted an unnamed official and a source from the Nepali embassy in Washington DC.
Kantipur report titled “Unstoppable flow of illegal migrants to the US” by Akhanda Bhandari datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and a Nepali in Panama.
Nagarik report headlined “Preparations on for local elections, first phase elections in hill districts” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source four times.
Nagarik report headlined “Controversial Pahadi appointed to NAC board” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and a former official from Nepal Airlines Corporation (NAC).
Republica report headlined “Amid controversy, EC drops plan to use Smartmatic EVMs” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source from Election Commission once.
Republica report headlined “UML voices suspicions over lack of preparation for polls” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader from the CPN (Maoist Centre). It has no byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Fact Check Adhikari wrong about women’s representation in Federal Parliament
- Fact Check Bajura, not Saptari, is the most backward district of Nepal
- In Public Interest Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Fact Check Three mistakes in RJPN poll manifesto
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths