Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 17
South Asia Check / February 18, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “300 Nepalis stranded in Mexico” by Chandra Shekhar Adhikari datelined Phoenix (USA) has quoted an unnamed official and a source from the Nepali embassy in Washington DC.
Kantipur report titled “Unstoppable flow of illegal migrants to the US” by Akhanda Bhandari datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and a Nepali in Panama.
Nagarik report headlined “Preparations on for local elections, first phase elections in hill districts” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source four times.
Nagarik report headlined “Controversial Pahadi appointed to NAC board” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and a former official from Nepal Airlines Corporation (NAC).
Republica report headlined “Amid controversy, EC drops plan to use Smartmatic EVMs” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source from Election Commission once.
Republica report headlined “UML voices suspicions over lack of preparation for polls” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader from the CPN (Maoist Centre). It has no byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently