Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 19
South Asia Check / February 20, 2017
Gorkhapatra report headlined “PM requested UDMF to work together for poll date announcement” by Suresh Kumar Yadav datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader from the United Democratic Madhesi Front (UDMF), and another unnamed leader.
Kantipur report headlined “Heated exchange at talks between parties” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “NAC to get 25 billion from Employees Provident Fund” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official of Nepal Airlines Corporation twice.
Nagarik report headlined “Secretary blocks minister’s path” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Health twice, a source close to the health minister in four instances, another source once, and also an unnamed director from the Ministry of Health.
Nagarik report headlined “No agreement with UDMF yet” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source, a source close to the prime minister, and a minister.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Morcha puts PM under pressure” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed leaders from the Morcha [United Democratic Madhesi Front] once.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Dahal to hold final talks with parties” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources from the Prime Minister’s Office once.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Half of quake-destroyed schools rebuilt
- Fact Check NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
- Fact Check Nepali Congress was not the first party to demand federalism
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNARC grappling with manpower shortage At the Nepal Agricultural Research Council, the government-sanctioned positions are already insuffic... Read More
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?