Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 19
South Asia Check / February 20, 2017
Gorkhapatra report headlined “PM requested UDMF to work together for poll date announcement” by Suresh Kumar Yadav datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader from the United Democratic Madhesi Front (UDMF), and another unnamed leader.
Kantipur report headlined “Heated exchange at talks between parties” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “NAC to get 25 billion from Employees Provident Fund” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official of Nepal Airlines Corporation twice.
Nagarik report headlined “Secretary blocks minister’s path” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Health twice, a source close to the health minister in four instances, another source once, and also an unnamed director from the Ministry of Health.
Nagarik report headlined “No agreement with UDMF yet” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source, a source close to the prime minister, and a minister.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Morcha puts PM under pressure” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed leaders from the Morcha [United Democratic Madhesi Front] once.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Dahal to hold final talks with parties” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources from the Prime Minister’s Office once.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims credit for no cold wave deaths
- In Public Interest What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- Fact Check Minister falsely claims credit for Mahendra Highway widening work
- In Public Interest PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- Promise Tracker Half of quake-destroyed schools rebuilt
- Fact Check NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
In Public InterestWhat had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill? What was in the July 26 agreement between Dr Govinda KC and the government? What is in the Medical E... Read More
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore