Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 2
South Asia Check / February 3, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Poll date being decided” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source, a minister from Nepali Congress and a leader from Sadhbhavana Party.
Nagarik report headlined “Amendment and polls simultaneously: Congress” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “Experts at odds whether govt can tweak LLRC report” by Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed an unnamed lawyer.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Resettlement plan for Bhutanese refugees put off” by Keshav P Koirala datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Karki can’t be impeached: Sub-panel” by Binod Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed member of the subcommittee.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Cong leaders doubt Dahal’s poll intentions” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and a Nepali Congress leader. It has no byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Shashank Koirala significantly understates Nepal’s arable land area
- Fact Check PM’s suggestion of salt water gargle as home remedy for Covid is misleading
- Fact Check Old photo photoshopped to show Indian flag in February 10 demonstration
- Fact Check PM made four false claims in two recent speeches
- Fact Check PM wrong in saying Bimala Tamang won gold in 2014 Asiad
- Fact Check Writer Wagle grossly misquoted in viral meme
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently