Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 24
South Asia Check / February 25, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Army’s warning to separatists” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source three times. It has no byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Massive corruption in land sales” by Balaram Baniya datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Ministry of Land Reforms in three instances, an official from the same ministry twice and an official who was part of the investigation undertaken by the ministry.
Nagarik report headlined “Huge commissions involved in NOC’s call for tender for taking land on lease” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed lawmaker thrice, one source from Nepal Oil Corporation (NOC), and two other sources.
Nagarik report headlined “Government appoints, transfers officials by putting election code of conduct on hold” by Arjun Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Election Commission twice and a source from the Council of Ministers twice.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Poll expenses likely to touch Rs 20 billion” by Anil Giri and Prithvi Man Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed security chief, and an official of the Election Commission in two instances.
Republica report headlined “Election code enforcement delay worries experts” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources once.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently