Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 27
South Asia Check / February 28, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Donor agencies said, ‘Stop divvying up project positions'” by Bishnu Pokharel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A source at the World Bank.
Nagarik report headlined “Defense ministry demands Rs 50 billion” by Deepak Kharel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: A highly-placed source at the Nepal Army in two instances, and a highly-placed source at the Ministry of Defense.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Rs 700,000 expenditure ceiling set for election candidates” by Arjun Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source privy to the EC meeting.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Bhairahawa int’l airport builder runs out of cash” by Rupak D Sharma and Sangam Prasain datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed project officials in two instances.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Announcement to widen East-West highway was made by Congress-led govt
- Fact Check PACT statement on Gagan Thapa’s agrobusiness flawed
- Fact Check Erroneous claim in FSFN’s poll manifesto
- In Public Interest Tall poll promises!
- Media Ram Karki’s ridiculous claims
- Fact Check False claims in Congress poll manifesto
In Public InterestTall poll promises! Wait patiently for another ten years and you will see a prosperous Nepal! Even if you search hard, y... Read More
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths
- Women in jail
- A lookback at CJ Karki’s legacy