Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 27
South Asia Check / February 28, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Donor agencies said, ‘Stop divvying up project positions'” by Bishnu Pokharel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A source at the World Bank.
Nagarik report headlined “Defense ministry demands Rs 50 billion” by Deepak Kharel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: A highly-placed source at the Nepal Army in two instances, and a highly-placed source at the Ministry of Defense.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Rs 700,000 expenditure ceiling set for election candidates” by Arjun Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source privy to the EC meeting.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Bhairahawa int’l airport builder runs out of cash” by Rupak D Sharma and Sangam Prasain datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed project officials in two instances.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths